Monday, May 6, 2024

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sight of your eyes; but know that for all these God will bring you into judgment. (Ecclesiastes 11:9)

Ahhhh . . . to be young . . . living carefree and with abandon . . . doing whatever you desire with an entire life ahead. I can faintly remember those days. There are some fond memories but also some horrific mistakes!

My advice to the young people leaving school high school (as my senior class is preparing to do) is to enjoy these times as much as possible as Solomon wrote in the words above. They will go by swiftly and before you know it, real adulthood will strike!

However, enjoy life with restraint. God indeed has a plan for each of you and will carry it out . . . if you stay close to Him and His will for you! I realize how hard it is to be a CHRISTian in this world. It is for me too! Just try your best and ask God for help daily. Seek advice from those who have been there and trust their wisdom. Deep inside you have been planted sound judgment and biblical morals. Follow them!

So enjoy this part of your life . . . but with restraint.


No comments:

It may not come when you want it . . .

Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.  Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I ...