Wednesday, May 29, 2024

As they go . . .

Today is the last gathering of my senior class before graduation. We are having graduation practice and then a cookout celebration. I have had some of these students since sixth grade and I must admit, I am proud of their growth and maturity . . . but sad to see them leave. However, it is their time to leave the nest and spread their wings. So I leave these words of Paul with them today as they go. . .

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:9-12)

Enjoy life guys . . . but stay focused on the Giver of life! Go make HIStory!

No comments:

Never vacation from God!