Thursday, November 30, 2023

I can't fix everything!

But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:40-42)

 I can't fix everything! Man, if I could only realize that before I start trying to fix everything! How much frustration and anguish would I avoid? God is in control, not me!

Like Martha, I get distracted by this world and all the things that are wrong with it.I  have to learn to focus on the things that matter . . . spending time with God, family and the things that impact eternity. Getting things done over quality time with God and people is not the proper choice. Checking off my to-do list rather than helping someone in need is just wrong. 

Fix me Lord so I can learn that I cannot fix me or everything else wrong with this world! Cause my focus to be upon you and others.

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...