Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Rest? What is rest?

What is rest anyway?

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul . . .
(Psalm 23: 1-3a)

 
None of really know what rest is today. Our world is so busy going here and there day after day after day, we believe that our routine is normal. We believe rest is a day whereby we do all the the things we could not get done on the normal days! God is telling us is much different!

The bible describes rest as quiet; repose; a state free from motion or disturbance; a state of reconciliation to God. I believe we have time to do this daily. It should be built into our daily, normal routine. Time to sit in quiet with our God and Father . . . time to be free from hustle and bustle . . . time to be one with our God and His Spirit . . . time to relax and recharge . . . Rest should not be a once in a while day thing, but a thing we do many times in a day!

Yes, we need to have that day of rest, but as Christ followers, we need to have daily times of rest throughout each day!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...