Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Challenged?

It is an understatement to say we live in a challenging world! Personal inward challenges . . . challenges within families . . . challenges at our jobs . . . challenges in our Nation and worldwide. Yet God still has us here today . . . to face even more challenges!

Whew! Take a breath! Listen to what Paul wrote. He knew a little bit about challenges!

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. ( 2 Corinthians 4:8-11)

As believers, we have the opportunity to honor God through every challenge we face. If you are like me, I fail a lot. I react in my strength way to many times and have to backtrack and repent. I keep reminding myself that the disappointments, the failures, the pain . . . it is all so I can realize that Jesus too went through these things and much worse, yet He endured. All things could be worse....just look at Israel! I have to surrender to Him!

If we are just a little bit aware of the world around us, we can see the bible unfolding before our very eyes. The things I have been reading, seeing and hearing lately . . . I . . . we all need to be more diligent to see God at work and seize the opportunities before us. It is truly not about you and me, but Jesus! 

Paul said it best:we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. People need to see and feel Jesus like never before! These times are crucial!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....