Thursday, September 7, 2023

Stop trying so hard!

We can never make up for what God has done for us. We can never out-do Him or out-give Him. So stop trying so hard!

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.  For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son . . . (Romans 8:1-3)

What Jesus has done for us on the cross is enough. We cannot do any more to obtain God's forgiveness but accept it and walk in it. I once thought I had to be right before God could forgive me. I was constantly trying to be perfect so God would finally accept me. It was frustrating. It was insane!!!!

Then someone introduced me to the words in the Bible so I could understand. Yes, I was a sinner, but only Christ's sacrifice on the cross and is overcoming the grave could save me from myself. I had to admit it and accept it for what it was!

It is His grace and mercy, not my efforts to reach Him. He reached out to me . . . . and He is reaching out to you! Will you admit your sin and accept His sacrifice for your eternal life?

Romans 3:23 Romans 5:8 Romans 6:23 Romans 10:9-10 1 John 1:9


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....