Monday, June 5, 2023

As I look back: Part I

Ahhhh....another year of school completed and as I look back, what do I see? 
Successes? Failures? Jobs completed? Jobs left undone? Students I have impacted positively? Students I have not served well? There are plenty of ups and downs for sure as I look back.

For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
(James 1:23-25)

So as I look back over the 2022-23 school year, I can see times when I have honored God and my students. Some have said they are now closer to God than ever. Some have accepted Christ for the first time. A few even attended their first mission trip and served well, growing closer to one another and the Lord. Yet I cannot help but realize I could have done better.

There are those still spiritually lost. Some seniors are graduating without a relationship with Christ in tow. Many are doubting their futures. I am sure some do not even plan on seeking Him in their future. Some underclassmen are tranfering to public schools where they may never hear the Word of God again! But God . . .

Yet as James wrote in the words above, I must look at the Word and persevere. Yes, I have failed at times. However, God honors effort and He can still reach those I feel as though I have neglected. So as I look back, I move forward with hope!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...