Wednesday, April 19, 2023

I can only imagine!

How hard is it to live a CHRISTian life today? Listen to this message I received from a student just this morning. . .

My family is not Christian, my mom curses, drinks and does not have the Bible as her law but still professes she is "Christian" I think my dad is atheist despite my amazing Christian barber that preached to him and me, my cool older cousin (great guy) who is around 28 doesn't seem to approve of Christianity being the true religion, and my older brother who laughed at me . . . I believe I stood firm on the word of God and defended it well and been slow to talk and fast to listen to them yet I cannot save them . . .
what do I do?

Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled. Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us (Titus 2:6-8).

It is enough of a struggle for me as an adult believer, for over thirty years, but for a young high school male struggling to honor God in a household that really does not believe. . . well, I  can only imagine! I must admit, I struggle as well . . . every day! There are times when I want to lose my religion, but the Holy Spirit restrains me . . . just last evening as an example. Yet I was reminded of who I claim to be and to Whom I belong. He restrained me.

Please pray for our young people. Pray that those of us who know . . . will show them as well as instruct them what is is to be a Christ follower. We as adults are accountable to God! God, give us strength. Lord, please guide our youth, especially our young men!



No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...