Thursday, March 16, 2023

Who was Succat and why do people celebrate?

Maewyn Succat
, or Patrick as we know him today, was actually born in Britain in the fourth century. He did not chase snakes out of Ireland, because Ireland is believed to never have has snakes! Did you also know that his and Ireland's original color was blue . . . azure blue to be exact? This was changed to green and the wearing of a shamrock, as a result of rebellion against British rule. Irish HIStory is rich indeed and beyond whiskey, potatoes and brawling!

View the video below for more on Succat.

https://youtu.be/YnJt7SvkL3g

Below is a portion of what is commonly known as St. Patrick's Breastplate. May I suggest we make this a daily prayer

Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ in me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

Amen!!!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...