Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Different than who?

New year . . . same God . . . same me.

I know that many will say that this year I will not be the same me. We make plans and resolutions with the intent to be different in 2023Different than who? While we may make plans to do different activities and make decisions differently, we are still the same person inside.

God has wired each of us uniquely with unique DNA, personalities, and talents. He even gives us spiritual gifts or abilities that are unique too the individual. The key to being different is allowing Him to guide us and His plans to be our plans. We must decide to allow His Spirit to be the One Who makes the change!

“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18-19)

God has not changed. You and I are still the same persons. It may be a new year, but to make it different  . . . . to be different in 2023 . . . . we must decide to give God control! 

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....