Friday, November 18, 2022

Sharing Christ-Part V: How do I share Christ?

 As we go through the days leading up to Thanksgiving, I am preparing myself and Lord willing, my students to be looking forward to not only food, football, and family, but also helping someone find Christ! I have discussed the what, when, and why, but how do I share Christ

Regardless of what some may say, there is no set process or procedure. While we do in fact have a handbook . . . God's Word . . . there is no cookie-cutter outline or plan. One cannot predict what circumstance will occur or what people one may encounter. I believe openness and willingness is the key!

Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak. (Colossians 4:2-4)

We must be open to how, when and where the Lord leads us. We must also be open to whom He leads us. As Paul writes above, we also must be in prayer constantly about sharing the Gospel. Finally, we must be willing to share, not embarrassed or timid. 

Sharing the Gospel is not a one day event or a short term trip . . . It is a life style! The way I live shares Christ!


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....