Wednesday, October 19, 2022

good enough . . . popular enough . . . acceptable?

 Am I invisible? Does anyone see me? Am I not good enough . . . popular enough . . . acceptable? God knows and God sees!

Ask this question instead: Why do these things even matter? 

How many of us identify ourselves with what others say or think about me? Is my security in others or in Christ?

Do we really believe that what matters is what God knows about us and not what people think? It is an issue of faith . . . faith in people or faith in the God who created us for His purposes and not our own. I know it's tough to be rejected, neglected, and ignored. I have experienced that on a number of occasions.  However, the only thing that really matters is what God knows about us . . . really!

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...