Monday, August 1, 2022

lead by serving

 But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles Lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

(Mark 10:42-45)

And I said: “I pray, Lord God of heaven, O great and awesome God, You who keep Your covenant and mercy with those who love You and observe Your commandments, O Lord, I pray, please let Your ear be attentive to the prayer of Your servant, and to the prayer of Your servants who desire to fear Your name; and let Your servant prosper this day, I pray, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man.” For I was the king’s cupbearer.

(Nehemiah 1:5‭, ‬11)

Leadership is not something we seek for glory. As a believer, it is a position of service. As we walk with Jesus, we learn how become humble. . . because, if you are like me, you have been humbled!

Like Christ, we are to lead by serving, not seek to be served because we are in positions of leadership.

We are to model it for those around us. As a teacher/coach of young people, I find myself being conscience of this daily. 

I must show respect for my students if I want respect.I must always be on time if I expect them to be. I must be patient. I must be giving, understanding and sacrificial. . . and humble. I was once where they are!

Help to stay humble Lord!




No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....