Friday, November 5, 2021

Know what, when , why, and who

Ever feel tired of being beat up, beat down . . . just beat from this world?

In a day and age when what we say can be damaging, when we say it can be inappropriate, why we say it can be challenged, and who we say it to can be very costly, how then are we supposed to act and react as a Christ follower?

This is a hostile world. Even if we are not facing threats of death because of our faith as many are today, we still face the risk of ridicule, misunderstanding, and character assassination. We can often be misunderstood, misconstrued, and misquoted. We have to look closely at how Jesus reacted to the various situations in His life.

He responded in varying ways to those who were interested or disinterested; those who were trusting or hostile; which topics to avoid and which to tackle; respond or not respond. He engaged the interested. He deflected the hostile. He often responded in silence. 


But He said to them, “If I tell you, you will by no means believe. And if I also ask you, you will by no means answer Me or let Me go. Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.” Then they all said, “Are You then the Son of God?” So He said to them, “You rightly say that I am.” And they said, “What further testimony do we need? For we have heard it ourselves from His own mouth.” (Luke 22:67-71)

I don't know about you, but I need wisdom concerning how to engage others in meaningful conversations. While my desire is to see everyone come to Christ and grow in that relationship, I must understand how important timing is! For some, it is the proper place and time. For some another time or place might be better. For others, it may never be my place or time! I have to simply trust God.

I am praying to know what, when , why, and who!


No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...