Thursday, September 16, 2021

Looking at others through His eyes . . .

https://www.facebook.com/donate/536627981092960/


Do I see people in passing and automatically make a judgment? 

Do I see God in others or do I see flaws, weaknesses, and less than me? Do I see people as bank accounts, the size of houses and the style or year of the vehicle they drive? 

Do I see my children/grandchildren and other kids by their G.P.A.'s or by their souls? 

Do I see all my wife's flaws and weaknesses or do I recognize her value, her talents, her sacrifices and her inner beauty as well as outer beauty? 

Do I recognize the stranger . . . the refugee . . . the immigrants as a child of God deserving my love and respect or do I see them as other?

Do I hear of people in need and expect someone else to care and meet their need?


And Jesus, when He came out, saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion for them, because they were like sheep not having a shepherd. (Mark 6:34)

There are lots of people we pass by on a normal day . . . people who are hurting, lonely, hungry, in need . . . lost. People have lost a night's sleep, lost a scholarship, lost an important game, lost a loved one, lost a job, lost a home,  . . . even lost a country! 

Do we even care? Where is our compassion today? Jesus took the time to care . . .He had compassion upon the thousands who were hungry . . . for food but more importantly for Him! How many will go hungry today because we simply did not care?

Looking at others through His eyes . . .


 

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...