Thursday, August 19, 2021

My way or God's Way?



If Jesus is the LIGHT of the world, then why do I try to forge my own path? If His Word is a LAMP for my feet, then why do I choose the wrong path so many times? My way or God's way . . . that is my daily struggle. What about you?


Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%208%3A12&version=NKJV)


I can mark the times in my life when I have chosen my own path, either by shear ignorance or deliberate choice. I have gotten caught up with the crowd or simply decided to sin. The consequences are indeed memorable and many times devastating to myself and others.


Thank God for grace. Thank God for second chances and the millionth chance! The difference is that today, as I have grown, the pain of God hurting God and others while grieving His Spirit also grieves me deeply. Yet like Paul, many times I do what I should not do and do not do what I should. (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%207%3A15-20&version=NKJV)

Lord willing, we all are growing more and more like Him and sinning less and less . . . until that day when Jesus declares us SINLESS!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...