Thursday, August 26, 2021

Are we really content with things? God has us!



The grass is always greener on the other side . . . until we get closer and see all the green is simply crabgrass and clover! When we constantly examine others' situations, we can easily assume they have it better . . . better car . . . better house . . . better family. However, when we find out the details things become a bit clearer. God wants us to be content where He has us, because He has us!


. . . . I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:11-13)

 What God has for me is specifically for me is for me, not you. What He has provided for you is for you and not me! I wish I could have learned this much earlier in life! As an athlete, I learned to compete, but that carried over in life. I competed for friendships, money, cars, homes, etc. I was always looking at others and what they had and would think, "Why me?" . . . even "Why not me?"


However, like Paul I am learning to trust God with whatever He allows. His timing is always perfect, as we found out recently with a vehicle. I am sill learning, but at least I am not jealous of my neighbors' grass anymore . . . I have enough green weeds of my own!!!!! 

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...