Thursday, July 29, 2021

Why did you choose me? How could you choose me? Use me anyway!

Today, as we are preparing to leave for Puerto Rico in two days, I still stand in awe of God . . . Why did you choose me? How could you choose me? Standing before His Glory, I realize I am nothing and deserve nothing . . . yet He still chooses to use me for His glory! I guess this is how Isaiah felt only a million times worse, actually before the Throne!

“How terrible it is for me!” I cried out. “I’m about to be destroyed! My mouth speaks sinful words. And I live among people who speak sinful words. Now I have seen the King with my own eyes. He is the Lord who rules over all.” A seraph flew over to me. He was holding a hot coal. He had used tongs to take it from the altar. He touched my mouth with the coal. He said, “This has touched your lips. Your guilt has been taken away. Your sin has been paid for.” Then I heard the voice of the Lord. He said, “Who will I send? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me!” So he said, “Go and speak to these people. (Isaiah 6:5-9)


I hear the words of one of my dearest mentors (already at home with Jesus) who constantly reminded me and everyone else he could speak to : "Only what you do for Christ will last!"
  

Like with Isaiah, He has cleansed me. Like with Isaiah He sends me. Like with Isaiah I will go! I am committed to share His love, grace, forgiveness, and invitation to become a child of the Living God. Though not perfect in any way, if He decided to use me I will be used. 

My prayer is that folks can see and feel Jesus through me and want Him for themselves. I may not know why or how God, but use me anyway!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...