Tuesday, June 29, 2021

We should become more loving, more caring, more giving, more sacrificial . . .


 They sent their followers to him. They sent the Herodians with them. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of honor. You teach the way of God truthfully. You don’t let others tell you what to do or say. You don’t care how important they are. (Matthew 22:16)

 My summer school students are studying the Model Prayer (Matthew 6:5-15) and The Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-11). I am attempting to get them to see the value of prayer and character development. I then thought about you and me . . .

Many of us consider ourselves maturing adults in the faith, yet do we really value our prayer life? Do we ever wonder how our prayer life impacts our character? The more time we spend with God, the more like Him we should become . .. right?

As we spend time with a loving, gracious, forgiving and caring God, we should become more loving, more caring, more giving, more sacrificial and the like. But do we? Are we?


Perhaps, if you are like me, prayer sometimes becomes ritualistic and mundane. We (I) do not really cherish sitting with Creator God and loving Father as I pray. If I want others to see and experience Christ in me, I have to be more like Him, which requires me to let Him mold me. I think of how Moses looked when he came down from the mountain . . . reflecting the glory of God so intensely that his face had to be shielded!

Do I reflect His glory? Can others see Christ in me and want some of Him? 

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...