Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Trust God to supply even as you help those in need.

Trust God to supply even as you help those in need. 

At last you are concerned about me again. That makes me very happy. We belong to the Lord. I know that you were concerned. But you had no chance to show it. I’m not saying this because I need anything. I have learned to be content no matter what happens to me. I know what it’s like not to have what I need. I also know what it’s like to have more than I need. I have learned the secret of being content no matter what happens. I am content whether I am well fed or hungry. I am content whether I have more than enough or not enough. I can do all this by the power of Christ. He gives me strength. But it was good of you to share in my troubles. (Philippians 4:10-14)

Have you ever helped someone, then in no time at all, you need help? Human nature may say to you, "I should have kept what I gave away." It happens. We hear of someone in need, help them as God directs, then we find our selves without something. That is when we trust God to supply! 

We as believers should always be ready to assist, because we never know when we will be in need. Paul reminds us above that we must learn to be content in any situation, knowing God will supply, as he would write a few verses later. (Philippians 4:19) One day we have excess and are able to give and the next day or so we are coming up short and are in need. Trust God to supply even as you help those in need.

This situation has been so very real to my wife and I as missionaries the past twenty-three years. Many times we have found ourselves with an abundance whereby we can assist so many. We have been sponsored on more than fifteen mission trips to serve those who have been devastated by storms or in need of ministry assistance. Other times we have struggled for the basics needs of life . . . but God and His people have always come through! We are learning to be content year by year!


As we embark on phase two of our mission life, we find ourselves independent of much of our previous support, as we have had to dissolve the business aspect of our ministry. For twenty-two years we had established a 501 ( C ) 3 business as an umbrella for our mission work. Due to Covid-19 we had to abandon that structure and become independent missionaries, serving teens, local front-line workers, and individual family needs as we are funded. It has been a struggle, but we know from the past that God will supply as He sees fit! 

It is simply another stage in our faith and His faithfulness!

If you desire to join in with our work, you may donate through our church website @ https://secure.accessacs.com/access/oglogin.aspx?sn=109561&f=1/. Be sure to check Jerry and Tamara Carroll on the drop-down menu. 

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...