Monday, March 15, 2021

In the morning . . . .

Sometimes we need no explanation when it comes to God;'s Word. We can just read it and meditate on it . Read these verses and ask yourself what they are saying to us.                      

Lord, in the morning you hear my voice. In the morning I pray to you. I wait for you in hope. (Psalm 5:3)         
                                                                                                                          Weeping can stay for the night. But joy comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)
                                                                                                                                Lord, I cry out to you for help. In the morning I pray to you. (Psalm 88:13)
                                                                                                                                In the morning let me hear about your faithful love because I’ve put my trust in you. (Psalm 143:8)
                                                                                                                                It was very early in the morning and still dark. Jesus got up and left the house. He went to a place where he could be alone. There he prayed. (Mark 1:35)     

There is no specific direction in the Bible to spend the mornings in prayer. It is however practiced . . . even by Jesus Himself! 

Now, I am not saying it has to be at zero-dark-hundred or every morning at a specific time, that would be legalistic. I am just saying that there is a precedent set in the Bible for putting God first and making time with Him a priority, not a ritual or afterthought.




Now, you tell me, how important is it to spend time with God first thing in the morning

 

 

 

 

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....