Monday, February 1, 2021

Purify me . . . clean me . . . wash me!

 Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7)

David, the one after God's own heart (Acts 13:22, 1 Samuel 13:14) realized his sin after Nathan called him out. As was David's character, he repented, pleading for his life before God, knowing only God could cleanse his heart and soul.

Purify me . . . clean me . . . wash me! Should we all not pray this prayer daily? What if we this kind of conscience, this kind of heart before Almighty God?

Like new fallen snow upon a meadow, Jesus has purified us with His blood. All sin has ben washed away. His sacrifice has purified our hearts and souls. Imagine for a moment . . .whiter than even snow! 


The stench . . . the dirt . . . the grime . . . the mud . . . the ugliness of sin freshly covered and cleansed by Jesus. AHHHH . . . the fresh, clean, purified scent of salvation in Christ Jesus. 

Can you feel it? What then is our response?


No comments:

It may not come when you want it . . .

Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.  Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I ...