Saturday, December 26, 2020

Give thanks in all circumstances!

 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.(1 Thess. 5:16-18) 


This is timely for me ...maybe you too. Though CHRISTmas is nothing like I wished for, God is still good. Things could be worse. Even though Covid-19 has invaded our home, we can still count our blessings. My wife has suffered from cough, slight fever, chills, body aches and pains, and slight loss of taste and appetite. I have tested positive but have no symptoms. (That is weird!) Our son has tested negative, praise God! So we all have been isolated at home with no visits for CHRISTmas from our kids and grandkids. No CHRISTmas, yet we have so much. It is just a weird year to say the least. 

People do not know how to react. Some avoid us. Others ignore us. Few actually contact us with sincere concern. One thing for sure, we know who really cares! When parts of the body are in pain and suffering, the rest of the body shuts down to assist. While we have done our best to serve those in need during Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas, I must now serve my own family and be sure they are safe and healthy . . .especially my precious bride! It is a frustrating challenge . . .one of wait and see much of the time. I keep praying for God's will and that I accept what He allows! He is a caring, loving, and gracious Father.

Stay safe everyone! This is no time to relax and be careless. Enjoy the rest of the week as best you are able . . .and know that He is still in control!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...