Thursday, November 5, 2020

I wanted My name to become known everywhere on earth.

 What should we say then? Is God unfair? Not at all!  He said to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy.
    I will show love to those I love."(Exodus 33:19)

 So it doesn’t depend on what people want or what they do. It depends on God’s mercy. In Scripture, God says to Pharaoh, “I had a special reason for making you king. I decided to use you to show my power. I wanted My name to become known everywhere on earth.” (Exodus 9:16So God does what he wants to do. He shows mercy to one person and makes another stubborn. (Romans 9:14-18)

What is going on in our Nation . ..our world? No one really knows but God! Yet for those of us who call Jesus Christ our Lord, Savior and soon-coming-King, we trust Him alone. We do not trust in kings, armies or other weapons, but we trust in the sovereignty of God. We may not always understand it, yet we trust Him! I urge you to read all of Romans 9. Paul writes to allow folks to understand a bit better the ups and downs of life in this world. He is willing to enter hell for the sake of his people, the Jews. (Romans 9:1-4) Yet they rejected Christ! Today, I am so passionate to see believers embrace His Word and make Kingdom decisions rather than the popular ones or even the politically correct ones. So many professed believers are signing on with this party or joining that movement or attending one function or another, taking sides with the red or blue . . .even purple. Yet for the disciple of Christ, there is only one side . . .His!

It is not for us to always know why, but we always should know WHO! Our role on earth as His people is to make Him known to all. Can we do that . . . so that some may be saved? (1 Corinthians 9:22)



No comments:

It may not come when you want it . . .

Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.  Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I ...