Friday, October 16, 2020

Let's Be One!

 

Brothers and sisters, I make my appeal to you. I do this in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I ask that all of you agree with one another in what you say. I ask that you don’t take sides. I ask that you are in complete agreement in all that you think.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

Fellow believers . . .CHRISTians . . . everyone who calls on the name of the Lord  and claims Him to be God and Savior and knows His Word to be true . . . Let's be one! Listen to some of Jesus' last words as He spoke with His Father before going to the cross . . . .


“I do not pray only for them. I pray also for everyone who will believe in me because of their message. 
Father, I pray they will be one, just as you are in me and I am in you. I want them also to be in us. Then the world will believe that you have sent me.  I have given them the glory you gave me. I did this so they would be one, just as we are one I will be in them, just as you are in me. This is so that they may be brought together perfectly as one. Then the world will know that you sent me. It will also show the world that you have loved those you gave me, just as you have loved me.(John 17:20-23)

Oneness shows unity. Discord and division reflects chaos and confusion. Who wants to be a part of chaos? How can we win folks for Christ when many do not know what they believe one day to the next?  Christ came and sacrificed so we may be one Body, not numerous denominations and religions.

Before our families, communities, churches or nation can be one, we as individuals must be one with Christ. . .one faith, one baptism, one Lord, one Father of us all!

Where you you stand today? Let's be ONE!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....