Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I have made myself a servant to all

 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law;  to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;   to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.  And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.  But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.(1 Corinthians 9:19-27)🏆

 Character counts . . . .yes, even in politics! I think our political system has lost track of why someone should desire office. It is to serve! Many seek the prize but for the wrong reason. I witnessed a Presidential debate recently that was embarrassing. Both sides seeking to prove the other wrong, name calling, and general a public display of disrespect.

Paul instructs us to seek to serve, to run with purpose, and to be temperate in so things. . . under control. None of this is evident in our candidates as of yesterday. 


What do we do? As Kingdom citizens we need to pray and examine closely the person AND the policies. God help us!


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....