Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Living our faith . . . What if?

Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.” And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” The centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!  (Matthew 8:5-10)
Though this military man was a non-Jew, he knew the power of Jesus. He had heard of and no doubt seen His works.  He believed Jesus could heal his servant. He also understood authority and the power behind one's words.

What if we today had such faith? What if we really believed in the Person of Christ and the power His words could wield in our lives. What if we were living our faith as folks did in the Gospels and the  Book of Acts? What if we expected Jesus to act in our lives and really believed it? What if we gave Him such control and authority?

How would our lives be different?

No comments:

It's ok to celebrate....look forward to good times!

Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sinceri...