Monday, April 1, 2019

ROOT OF DAVID

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.  If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.(John 15:5-8)
 I have a grape vine in my backyard that is at least 30 years old. I do my best to gather information as to how to trim it, feed it and have it produce much fruit. One thing I do know, once I cut off a branch, it DIES! The branches must stay close to and connected to the vine, or the root. The branches cannot be crowded or overgrown, or the fruit will not produce as much.i

What a vivid example of John 15. If we do not stay connected, free of clutter, we will not be able to bear much FRUIT for the ROOT. In this case as with the best grape vines in the world, we are connected to a very old ROOT....the ROOT OF DAVID! Old vine grapes bear the richest and most robust grapes. Cuttings from the Old World vines have been producing grape for hundreds of years!

Stay close to the Lord. Remove the clutter of life. Seek His will and we will bear much in the way of FRUIT for Him. The cuttings from our vine will continue to produce not for years, but for eternity!

1 comment:

Chloe Ruffin said...

This blog post reflects how we are all part of God like a vine, and we are His branches as Christians. We should be strong in HIm, even if He has to trim us sometimes.

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...