Thursday, January 10, 2019

When our desires line up with God's design....

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.

My frame was not hidden from You,

When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them. 
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.(Psalm 139:13-18)
We all have dreams and desires. The older we get the more reality sets In, yet we still dream of what might be or what could have been.  While we all dream and still imagine, there is One who always knew and always cared. In fact, He knew us before we were even "us"!

God has uniquely designed each of us for His purposes, not our own. The better we get to know the God Who deigned us the better we  know ourselves and what we should be doing. When our desires line up with God's design life begins to make sense and have purpose.

It's probably time for a little talk with our Father. Let's seek His wisdom and guidance. When is then last time we spent some real one on one with Him? "How God? When Daddy? Why that? Why now? I need Your help!"

Ask God for the wisdom to know His unique plans for you and then ask for the courage to carry out those plans. Life will begin to make more sense. . . .

No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...