Thursday, October 11, 2018

Welcoming or Repulsive Sense (Scents)

 Lord, I cry out to You; Make haste to me! Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You. Let my prayer be set before You as incense,
The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice wicked works with men who work iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies. (PSALM 141:1-4)
Many of our homes and offices are filled with plleasant scents from flowers, melts, or oils. Some burn candles and even use scented house filters. The aromas can be welcoming or repulsive, depending upon the person.

I can call to mind even now the smell of a funeral home . . . nice but not inviting. However, the salty ocean breeze or calm mountain morning rain seems rather inviting right now!  Saturdays in my home are rather special as I awake to the smell of fresh coffee brewing as my wife has risen early to prepare my first cup! It is usually placed right at my nightsatnd as I take in the soothing yet awakening aroma! Ahhh!

Welcoming or Repulsive? But what does God sense (scents) from us daily? Are our prayers a sweet aroma up to heaven? Are our words to others like a field of fresh lavender? Are our attitudes like the morning dew? Is our life likened to a cool breeze off the ocean on a hot summer day?  Or are we repulsive to the Lord?

Want are we offering? (Romans 12:1-2)

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...