Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Let's go back . . .

While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O King, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. . . . I now send you, to open their eyes , in order to turn them from darkness to light . . . (Acts 26:12-18) 


I have been attending my church's Revival this week, with some awesome worship, prayer and biblical teaching. While I have been praying for a Revivial within our church for a few years now, I also have sensed a need for the fire to be rekindled within me!We all can easily fall into the Christian routine as we go through life. . . SONday service, off to work or school, Wednesday bible study, finish the week, maybe a Friday or Saturday ministry event, than back to church on SONday. Week after week . . . month after month . . . year after year . . . But we need to go back . . . to our first Love, to when we first recieved Jesus, when He  grabbed us, called us, rescued us from the pit of hell and the stench of this earth.  

Can we go back today? Can we remember when Jesus called our name? 

It just so happens to be my daughters's 28th birthday today and as I think of her I can't help but recall it was through her that Jesus reached me. I believed I was doing all I could . . . and I was as a single dad . . . but it was not about me or my daughter really, but it was and always is about Jesus. He knew what and WHOM I needed!

 I thank God that He grabbed me when He did. Looking back, I was headed quickly in the wrong direction. My compass was off. I had the wrong road map. And today, I can look back and not only be grateful to my Savior for rescuing me, but for always being beside me to pull me back on the road! 

May He take us back today . . .

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUR FIRST LOVE IS CALLING ❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️❗️

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ€—

Anonymous said...

Love😍

Anonymous said...

Listen to the word of God. It WILL save you.

Kamaal said...

Amen. We need to remember who saved us.

Unknown said...

God is the best influence follow him πŸƒπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸšΆπŸΎπŸƒπŸΎ

Kyle Bolling said...

U'r never occupied with God πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―

Anonymous said...

Stop putting emojis!! They show that you don't care. Stop playing around. If you have nothing useful to say, DON'T SAY IT!!!

Kyle Bolling said...

U can't be occupied with other things u are occupied with God

Unknown said...

��������������������

The verdict is in . . . .

Ever been in a courtroom setting where everyone is anxiously awaiting the decision of the judge and jury? Lives are at stake. The future of ...