Tuesday, January 10, 2012

But I'm Not Jesus!

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
(1 Peter 1:15-16)

But I'm Not Jesus! . . .How many times have we heard this? How many tmes have we actually said it? Yes, we are sinners, but because of His grace, becasue of His sacrifice, because of His Spirit dwelling within us . . . we can do it! We can be holy . . . and sin less and less!

I did not say it, Jesus did . . . listen!

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
(John 14:12)

Since we have the Holy Spirit within us, if we allow it complete control, we can do as Christ did . . even more Jesus said! The key to this is giving up . . . giving up control and handing over the keys to the Holy Spirit! Let Him be our guide and our strength. We can do all things . . . (Philippians 4:13)but through Christ, not through our own determination or power.

We can indeed be like Jesus. We can be holy . . .One minute at a time.

No comments:

To my young people . . .Enjoy life with restraint

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart and in the sigh...