Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's Not My Money

The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD Almighty.
(Haggai 2:8)

This is one of the first Bible verses I was asked to memorize way back in 1993. It is when I first began to understand that it is really not about me! I guess God was setting me up for the future . . .

It's my money and I want in NOW!

What a familiar and humerous phrase, yet so real in this world. We all get really selfish with what we believe is ours!

When I begin to think of all the wasted effort I have put into working for me . . . it gets me dizzy! My plans . . . my future . . . my money!

As I am growing as a believer, I am coming to the realization that nothing is really mine! Not unlike Solomon . . . I am believing that pretty much all things in this world are worthless, except what we do for Christ!

The prophet goes on to say this:

The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty."
(Haggai 2:9)

If we can just grasp this one message . . . It's all about God and His plans . . . we will have peace (satisfaction). Things will begin to make sense. The future . . . our legacy will be better than what we knew and experienced.

It's not my money . . . it's not my plans . . . it's all about God and His plans for us to prosper according to His will. The sooner we realize that . . . the better for all of us . . . especially those under our influence!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...