Friday, March 30, 2007

Why Me…Why Not?

"This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil." (Job 1:1)
Many godly people suffer. Why? Some things we don’t just understand, but God does! Many evil and hurtful people purposely go about life harming others and show no mercy to anyone, yet they prosper. Why? No one on earth really can explain, but God can! I am learning to leave some of life’s mysteries to God alone and keep a list of questions to ask Him when I get to meet with Jesus one-on-one that fine day. In the mean time, I must trust that He who formed the world from absolutely nothing will one day make something out of this mess we call the world! It’s definitely not what God intended for us! Instead of asking, "Why me?", or "Why him or her?" I asked, "Why not?"
I must realize that God has a plan for me and all His children, so for that plan to be carried out we have to trust Him to carry that plan out to its fullest, even if it involves suffering! No one likes to suffer, or to see our children, parents, or friends suffer, yet it develops character, it demonstrates God’s power, it tests our faith, and it disciplines us. I’ll tell you what else it does: it makes us desire heaven so much more and draws us closer to His heart and away from the desires of this dreary world! How in the world could we even want to go to heaven if life was nothing but peace and joy anyway? I now look forward to being with my heavenly Father, where all suffering will be done away with and real PEACE will be mine and for everyone who places their trust in Him! In the mean time, I try to get to know Him better now, so I may better understand what He’s doing around me.
"My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." (Psalm 62:7-8)

No comments:

In awe of God . . . music was His creation!

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.  . . . When the morning stars sang togethe r,...