Friday, October 18, 2019

Humble Community

I must admit, I am hurting today . . . not for myself but for those who feel that they have no voice, can't speak up, aren't valued and in despair! In fact, many closest to me . . . family, young friends and students I teach . . . hold on, Jesus hears and cares!
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.  No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry I speak as to wise men; judge for yourselves what I say.  The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?  For we, though many, are one bread and one body; for we all partake of that one bread.(1 Corinthians 10:12-17)
As a universal Body of Christ, as a CHRIST-centered family, as a CHRISTian school, even as  an individual CHRISTian, we are nothing without Christ! We are no better than anyone else. We humbly serve one another and care for one another, building up rather than tearing down. We are only as effective as our weakest link!
 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. (Romans 12:3)
Jesus came to seek and to save, to serve and not to be served . . . . Look it up!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...