Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Let love be without hypocrisy.

Let love be without hypocrisyAbhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.(Romans 12:9-18)
Most people believe I am outgoing and enjoy large public settings. My wife and family know me as one who prefers the quiet, small, intimate setting. However, I have learned (been discipled) to be sociable! I have adapted to enjoy the fellowship of many and have come to enjoy it p. I have evolved from a rather private person to one who can be comfortable in a large worship service, participating in workshops with strangers, conversing with a classroom of teens or a discussion with more learned adults. However, it is not through any of my efforts, but the work of the Holy Spirit!

What I cannot stand is the hypocrisy I experience in life! So many will praise you one day and turn around and curse you a minute later when speaking about you to another. A smile can turn into a snicker in a heart beat. Kind words turn bitter in just minutes. If you are like me, we can easily turn back into isolation mode if hurt or offended.

I expect unkind things and selfish motives in the world, but if believers can treat me this way, then I don't need it! However, this is not Christ, so I fight the desire to isolate myself. I must force myself to get back into the fight! I cannot be isolated yet I cannot accept the world's ways either! I must be salt and light!!! (Matthew 5:13-16) Like the coffee bean, I must strive to change the environment in which I find myself. I cannot wilt, run, or be absorbed. As a disciple of Christ, I have been changed by Him to allow Him to change others through me! Even as I face hypocrisy, I choose to stand for LOVE! (1 John 4:8)

No comments:

In awe of God . . . music was His creation!

“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding.  . . . When the morning stars sang togethe r,...