Friday, March 1, 2019

Not Easy....But If Not Me . . . WHO?

Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.” And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy. So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. (Matthew 26:42-44)
 Not Easy....But If Not Me . . . WHO? 
I believe this is some of what was going through Jesus' mind the night before he would be crucified. There had to be another way . . . an easier way? After all, Jesus had human feelings and thoughts. It had to be weighing upon Him. This was the night. This would be the time. Are You SURE ABOUT THAT Father?

Jesus received the "Yes". God the Father was SURE! We know the rest of the story. Even though his closest friends could not even stay awake just to support Jesus, He did not complain. He carried out the task.

I know these verses are for me because just last night I was focusing upon the song So Long Self by Mercy Me (https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=J1E2C1NU). I was reminded of the struggles in my life . . . the disappointments . . . failures. Even the successes only last a brief moment. As I get older, I am realizing more and more it's really not about me. What God has for me is for me and me alone. It may not be easy, but if not me, then who can do what God has for me? He has a life just for me! It won't be popular and many will not join with me, even leave. I have to choose each day to follow through with His plans.

Not my will, but Yours Daddy!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...