Friday, August 25, 2017

Less Fear, Less Anxiety and More Trust

Fear seems to be everywhere today. We fear predicted storms and rush to prepare only to have the storm "miss". We fear certain cultures because of a few "bad apples". We get a pain in the body and fear the worst. The phone rings at a late hour and immediately we fear the worst. We worry when our kids go off to college or get married. We hear a bump or feel a jiggle on a plane ride and immediately we try to remember what the stewardess said about emergency evacuations. Fear . . . . Anxiety . . . Uncertainty . . . Yet we believers have THE Answer in our relationship with the Risen Savior! Despite the anxious moments, God IS in control!
Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions;[a] if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” (John 14:1-4)
It's not that I never get anxious or worried. These past few months I have experienced a lot of both. However, it is increasing my time with God and my trust in Him. Am I where I need to be? No. Am I trusting Him more and more each day? Well, that is my prayer!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...