Wednesday, December 9, 2015

I hear you . . .

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:26-27)


Many times we forget as believers Who we are talking to in prayer. Yes, we have learned to pray in the Name of JESUS to our FATHER in heaven. However, there is the Spirit of God living within us! Seldom do we address Him by name. Seldom do we seek His advice and listen to His guidance. 


Now I know Father, Son, and Spirit are one. Don't get me wrong. But if we would simply embrace the One already with us . . . ready and willing to assist, to explain, to guide, to comfort . . . how much more equipped would we be?  


If we would only realize the One we seek is right within us 24/7 how much more powerful would our lives be? I have been focusing upon  listening to God lately. Do I hear His voice? Am I quiet enough to recognize it? Am I limiting my voice in prayer to hear from God or am I simply talking way too much? 


I just do not want to hear from God, but obey Him, rest in Him, be pleased in doing His will. It is not enough to talk to Him, but I want to hear from Him and be obedient to His voice, His will. 


What about you?

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...