Thursday, July 30, 2015

Fathers do not quit!.

And now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame when He comes back. If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been fathered by Him. (1 John 2:28-29) 

Fathering is a difficult job in these days. The closer we walk with the Lord, it may at times become an even bigger challenge.  The challenges of job, family, health, rest . . . They all challenge our time and resources. 


As a father, I have failed many times. I have neglected my children, not by choice or knowingly, but simply by being too involved in life.I have not done all I can as a husband, selfishly concentrating more on me than my bride. I have failed God and my church by being too worried about "me and my house" and not "my Father's business". But there is good news . . . 


My heavenly Father has never failed me and He picks me up and continues to carry me and teach me. He continues to mold me as clay in a potters hand.


 Even if no one else can forget, I ask them to forgive. As men, we have to be honest with God and others and continue in the fight to "father" as our Good Shepherd fathers. This is a daily battle. Challenged by my pastor, I am committed to father not only my children, but the many God has led my way.


 My prayer is that my entire life, not simply yesterday or today or even tomorrow, but my entire life will be a witness to draw others to Him. God is at work and He will continue working in and through me until the day He returns. I will not quit!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...