Friday, July 3, 2015

False Teachers . . . False Believers?

I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed . . . cut off from Christ . . . for the sake of my people, my fellow countrymen, who are Israelites. . . It is not as though the Word of God has failed. . . So then God has mercy on whom He chooses to have mercy, and He hardens whom He chooses to harden. . . Why then does He still find fault? But who indeed are you, a mere human being, to talk back to God? (Romans 9:2-20)

I don't think I could actually give up my salvation for others, but I get what Paul is saying here. It really hurts that those closest to me, my own children at times, who grew up in the church, want to fall for these popular lies floating around. 

God's Word has not changed! We know better! If there was something I could do to get my children, my relatives, my friends, to "get it". Who are we to question God? 

God have mercy on those spreading the lies and changing His Word! He still holds the clay in His hands!




No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...