Monday, June 1, 2015

I need just a little more Jesus!

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.  Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. . . . Stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge. (Proverbs 19:20-21,27)

I look back over the past year or two and I stand in awe of my God and Savior! Oh, where He has taken me!

In the recent past, I had so many plans, so many designs for my own life and when they failed to play out I was so disappointed. I searched for whom to blame. Where did I go wrong? Why did this not work out?  What could I do to fix it?

If I had only placed my full trust in the Lord I would have avoided so much frustration and anger! Yes, He was disciplining me. He was preparing me. He was providing for me. However, I had been focused on me and my situation and not the Lord!

He had a plan!

I want to trust Him more. I want His will to show in my life so others can see and want to follow Him as well. I want to be a light on a hill not and mere ember in the wilderness. Yet it is His will . . . not mine! I pray for more trust and less doubt . . . more Jesus and less of me. Will you pray with me and for me?  

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...