Monday, December 3, 2012

God has no favorites!

Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity. (1 Timothy 5:1-2)
I have now been saved for more than twenty years (August 1992). For me, that is a milestone! However, what is even more amazing is that God has allowed my wife and I to serve Him in full time ministry now for the fifteen years of our marriage. Since we pledged our love for one another and for the Lord, He has been faithful to us and our family! Though we have stumbled and fallen along the way, God's grace and mercy has never been more evident than His work in my life! God has blessed us with so many faithful pastors, ministers, teachers, counselors, mentors and Godly friends that we have been able to gleen so much from them and apply it to our own lives. It has also taught us how to serve others, whether they are adults, teens, toddlers or even strangers we have met on the streets and in the business field. God has given me the gifts of evangelism and teaching, but also he has given me the abilities to be able to interact with folks across the spectrum of age, culture, and other various backgrounds. Though I love our ministry to teens, I also cherish my conversations with senior citizens, the four and five year olds, also my peers in ministry. As we all serve where God has guided and equipped us, let us remember to treat everyone with the respect they deserve. Whether folks are young, elderly, or a bit different than we are, everyone deserves our respect and everyone has something to offer. If God could respect me enough to wait for me to come to my senses, I can surely be patient, kind, and respectful to all He brings my way! Who am I to know if the next person I see may come to know the Lord because they encountered my presence?
Just as Peter, wrote, I too have learned that God has no favorites! (Acts 10:34)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...