Friday, November 2, 2012

Democrat, Republican, or CHRISTian?

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.(Ephesians 1:4-10)
God first chose us . . . that alone is simply unbelieveable . . . that He would choose me and you to be His children. I do not know about you, but if I were God and had to choose a child . . . it would not be me! I am too much trouble!!! But not only did God choose us, He also invies us to call others to call out to Him! I may not be able to figure out that one either, but I am so glad He gives me this opportunity. In this ongoing election, I wonder now how will represent our Father as we choose? Give us a King!, the Jews demanded. (1 Samuel 8) They wanted to be like the world. We too have a choice to make: do we want to look more like the world or like believers in the God who first chose us to be His children? Will we follow the crowd or our Father?
Will we choose leaders who endorse the very principles God abhors?
As we vote, let us act with our heavenly citizenship and the principles God sets forth for His children, not as Democrats or Republicans, but as C H R I S T ians!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...