Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life or Death . . . YOU Decide . . .!

But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die. None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live. Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?"
(Ezekiel 18:21-23) Many folks are wandering around through life . . . not simply wondering, but wandering . . .lost, without a clue to today or their future. Yet God's Word is full of hope, encouragement, and confidence in the future! We who do believe need to read it, believe it, and live it out so all who doubt can see and believe! Everyone will expereince ups and downs in life . . . illness, deaths, sadness, disappointments, and disasters as well as good times, memorable trips away, family celebrations, milestones reached, and goals accomplished. That is just life as we have it in this world. People live and peole die . . . but what happens after that? The decision and the destination is up to you and me as individuals. Securing ones future requires a persoanl decision to repent from sin, accept the offer of Jesus Christ's sacrificial death upon a cross, and a commitment to follow His ways. We all make hard decisions every day whether we are young or old: Whom do I choose as freinds? hom will I choose to marry? Which bills do I pay first? Which vehicle best suits my needs? Do I really need a second job or do I need to rearrange my priorities? Can I risk not trusting God's Word one more day . . . . .? Why do we ignore the biggest decision of our life? Do I choose life or death? Joshua showed us how to stand before God and man and make the decision when he was given the task of succeeding Moses:
"But suppose you don't want to serve him. Then choose for yourselves right now whom you will serve. You can choose the gods your people served east of the Euphrates River. Or you can choose the gods the Amorites serve. After all, you are living in their land. But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord."
(Joshua 24:15) We all must make the decision for ourselves . . . before we pass away from this world into the next chapter of life. The writer of hebrews and the Psalmist both wrote these words . . .
It has just been said, "Listen to his voice today. If you hear it, don't be stubborn. You were stubborn when you opposed me."
(Hebrews 3:15, Psalm 95:7-8) I thank God that He pursued me. I thank God someone cared enough to challenge me some twenty years ago. Now I challenge you! Life or death . . . DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS . . . . WHAT ABOUT YOU?

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...