Thursday, June 7, 2012

why we work and for whom

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
(Psalm 62:7-8) Whom or what do we turn to when things really get challenging? For some it is a comfort food. Oh, I used to love me some ice cream! But the Bod4God eating lifestyle took care of that! Some turn to alcohol, drugs, sex, a movie, the fitness room, or even a long run. I have learned to turn to God. He indeed has become my rock, my place to run (and even hide at times). I know there is security in Him,because he promises me rest and peace. (Philippians 4:7) When it comes to the challenges of this world, whether we receive what we deserve or get treated unfairly in other ways, God promises rewards in heaven. (Hebrews 11:6) This is hard to take at times as a human being, even for adults. In fact, my young son asked me just yesterday why so many received multiple certificates when he received only one at the end-of-year awards program at school. I explained to him how important the effort is . . . how we all saw his work throughout the year and saw his character grow more than anything else. Finally, I just had to share with him how some of us just do not receive the credit here on earth . . . but God sees our labor and He is waiting to reward us. We have to wait for God and His timing and focus on why we work and for whom. Always keep these verses in mind . . .
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.
(1 Corinthians 3;11-15)
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
(Matthew 6:33) Missionary C. T. Studd once said . . . "Only one life, 'twill soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last." Think on these words! Live for the King today . . .

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...