Friday, April 27, 2012

The same old stuff . . .

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
(Ezekiel 36:26-27) In the age we live in, the old ways are not going to always work. Yes God's Word is the same (Hebrews 13:8), but our methods have to be updated to meet the needs of the various folks we meet. The same old stuff just may not be effective anymore. We need to be in tune with what is going on so we can meet the needs head on with the Gospel of peace, reconciliation, and love, and grace. For a person to be convicted today, it is still the Spirit that does the work, yet our presentation has to be real and convincing to a doubting generation. As most of us have come to realize, people today, especially the youth, do not care how much we know until they know how much we (and God) care! We cannot beat people up concerning their sin. We cannot force them to see the result of sin. We many times must live the Gospel out loud before we even speak any words. After all, how was Jesus alive before He began His ministry? Are we willing to invest a lifetime into serving the Lord and His people, or is my salvation enough?
Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
(2 Timothy 2:25-26) Thank God for those who lived the Gospel before me! There life convinced me of my need for a Savior! May God grant us the conviction to live for Him so others may come to know Him!
Here I am . . . send me!
(Isaiah 6:8)

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...