Monday, January 9, 2012

My first, my last, my everything!

My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
(Psalm 62:7-8)

Is there ever a time not to trust in God? If we actually think about it, everything we have is because of God and depending upon God! So let's be real, he is the believer's everything! He is my first, my last, my everything . . .

David addresses this wisdom psalm to the choir director, Jeduthun, whose descendants actually founded a temple choir (1 Chronicles 16:41-42). It urges a quiet confidence in God concerning the enemies the people are facing. It challenges the believer that when all is said and done, God is victorious!

What are we challenged with this day? David urges us to pour out our hearts to God. No matter the challenge, he has it! As we trust Him, our faith grows and others see it as well. We can be a witness to others through our struggles, our victories, and even the small ups and downs of life. God is present and we must come to realize that He cares and He is more than able to get us through!

He is still Alpha and Omega . . . the first, the last . . . MY EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...