Friday, March 28, 2008

We Do Not Know How!

“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness, for we should pray, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with inexpressible groanings. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes on behalf of the saints according to God’s will.”
(Romans 8:26-27)


As His children, we don’t always know how to speak with God. There are times when we are frustrated. We may be angry. We may think He’s too busy for us. We may be so deep in sin that we’re ashamed to call His name! Many times, when it comes to how to pray and what to pray for, WE DO NOT KNOW HOW! However, the Holy Spirit knows us intimately an knows just how to groan for us to the Father! This gives me security.

He knows my tears. He knows when I lack trust. He knows when I lack ability and talents. He knows when people have let me down. He knows when I’ve blown it with my wife and children. He knows the times when all I can do is whisper “Jesus” within my heart.

When WE DO NOT KNOW HOW He knows! That’s comforting…That brings confidence…That let’s me know DADDY loves me. How many of us need to hear that!

God knows before we even begin to fear. He knows way before we plan things out. He knows the outcome as well: He simply wants what is best for us. When WE DO NOT KNOW HOW, are we willing to fall upon the Rock and allow Him to move for us? When WE DO NOT KNOW HOW, are we willing to surrender to His will? We are called for His purposes, not our own. We’ll find peace when we know we are a in His will and an active part of His eternal plan.

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...