Friday, November 1, 2019

less can be far more . . .the Lord provides.



 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!  Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:7-12)
Ahhh...... the One Who provides all I will ever need, Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide! He gives me all I will ever need. Maybe not all I want, all I dream about, or all everyone else has, but all I will ever need! Love lessons are hard to learn, but they draw us closer to the Source of all resources! He provides what we need in order to draw closer to Him, which in many cases may be less than what we want. Many times, less can be far more!!!!!
Even when it seems we do no have enough, we have plenty.  In this nation, even the poorest have more than most in our world. What If we truly learned to be content, to even share from our own needs, and allowed God, Jehovah Jireh, to provide?
 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:17-19)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...